FEATURE FRIDAY VIKKI MORGAN

Welcome to today's Feature Friday Memeber..Vikki inspires me WOW..what a woman! Believe it or not she's a Grandmother of 3! So if you think it's too late to start... After you read her story you might have to rethink that excuse!! Enjoy :)


This is my story. I hope it inspires others
Hi,
I would like to introduce myself to each one of my Team Fit members personally.I am Vikki Morgan and my journey to fitness began when I was 9 years old when I signed up for gymnastics.I loved it.I worked hard every day practiced every day,and loved to go to my gym meets every Saturday to perform the routine that I had learned and been practicing all week.


As I continued to get older.I still loved fitness.I got my first job in 1981 at a Health Club.That is what they use to call gyms back then.I was a sales rep.I sold memberships.This meant I showed potential clients around our club.I showed them our equipment,and fascilities ect.The owner of the club that I worked for his name was Ray Tipton.He was like a Dad to me.He competed with
Arnold back in the day.This is where my true love for fitness began.I started going to the comps,and Corey Everson was my Idol.I watched them on TV Yes,,they use to televise all the comps back then.I aspired to be just like her.I have always loved sports,and sporting events.The Body Building,and the olympics being my favorite winter or summer olympics doesn't matter.I love them both.


I worked at the club until I was 18 yrs old and became a new Mommy.I had
my son at 18 & my daughter at 23 yrs of age.My love for fitness took a back seat at this point in my life.Yes,I still worked out.I went to my aerobics classes 3xs a week.I practiced and played softball a few times a week,but my kids became my life,and first priority.Then it became about them and getting the kids involved in sports.I wanted my kids to have a
love for sports health,and fitness like I had and do.I then began the process of getting them into anything sports related that they loved.That meant Mom was busy ,very busy to say the least.Lots of baseball,football,and basketball practice.Lots of gymnastics,gym meets,softball,volleyball practice.I began to lose myself in them.Some where along the way.I got caught up driving the drive thrus
to pick up dinner.Lots of Little Ceasers pizza nights ect...The viscous cycle had began.I continually was on some kind of diet,because I had no time to work out or so I thought.I lost alot of muscle with severe dieting.This viscous cycle went on for about 21 yrs.In 2004 I decided enough is enough and I began to get healthy & fit the right way for the first time.The good old fashion way by diet & exercise.


I achieved my goals in a mere 7 months.I was 117lbs,muscular and fit as a fiddle.This was the year I began running.I loved it.I was from that point hooked.I thought to myself there is no way that I will ever be out of shape again.Well guess what...they say never say never for a reason.I was running one day at the gym on the treadmill and I felt something pop.I got nauseated ran to the bathroom
and had to stop.I could barely limp out of the gym.I was 39 yrs old and I could not walk or put any pressure on that leg.This went on a couple weeks before I went to the doctor.My hubby carried me everywhere that we had to go.I then found out that I had a stress fracture in my femur the upper part where it joins at the hip.Bad news to say the least.I was on crutches 5 months.And I still was not making progress
or getting any better.Even with months and months of therapy.I was sent for a MRI to see if my leg was healed.Guess what??? it was all healed up.So the doctor suspected something else was wrong.I was sent for another MRI.Bad news again.They found one ruptured disc in my back,and two bulging discs pressing on the nerves in that leg.They wanted to do surgery.I was stubborn and said No! I lived on crutches for 2 yrs.
From 2005 to 2007 Then I finally decided that after much therapy,injections,spinal blocks ect...I had to have surgery or I may never walk again.It has been a long road of rehabilitation,depression,weight gain.I was 117lbs when this all began in 2005 and I plumbeted to a whopping 218lbs in 2010.In 2010 I finally made the decision to quit having a pity party with myself and get to moving.I started walking.All I could walk
was a block at a time at first,but I started doing it faithfully every day.This was something I did all year long.By November of 2010 I was able to run/walk at about a 15 min pace and I was doing awesome for me.I know it don't seem like much,but I went from a 24 min a mile pace to a 14 or 15 min pace.I was making progress.I could feel it.It felt amazing!I began to feel proud of myself.I started running more,then,more,and more.By September
2011 I ran my first half marathon.I did it.I accomplished a dream of mine.I was on cloud nine.I still am on that cloud and I hope that I never come down.I wrote this story to give you hope.Don't ever give up on your dreams.It does not matter what life throws at you.You can over come it.With patience,and preserverance.Keep at it.Don't ever give up! Life is precious.Life is for living.We can rest when we die.Get out there and make your dreams come true.Live your life.If I can do it.You can too.I am now a healthy 130 lbs a size 4/6.I work out 5 xs a week lifting,and run 30 to 40 min.4xs a week.No more than 1 1/2 hrs a day.Look at me now I am rocking the 25's and they told me ,,,the doctors told me to never lift over 5lbs.Huh! take that doctors!You can do this.I believe in you!!!!Don't give up.In time.If you are faithful to yourself.You will see the changes.Be patient
and Don't you dare Ever Give Up!
God Bless
~Vikki Morgan~ 


For being this weeks Feature Friday Member Vikki will be receiving a pair of Super Cute workout gloves in the color of her choice thanks to Gym  Girl Apparel www.gymgirlapparel.com use code FIT4LIFE to save 15% off
and also a Tank top, 3 Sample packs & 3 fill Shake & go's from About Time www.tryabouttime.com use my code fitforlife to get 25% off your next order 
 



Check out my group on facebook where you can connect with members like Vikki for support & daily motivation
www.facebook.com/groups/royersteamfit/


The Diana Bra

No comments:

Post a Comment