FEATURE FRIDAY...KRISTINA ROBINSON

This weeks Feature Friday Member is Kristina Robinson.....Let me just say this chicky is a true spark plug she's always working hard to improve herself! I have had the pleasure to get to know her in our group and just adore her! Take some time read her inspiring story & enjoy!!




HI! My name is Kristina. A little about myself... I will be 34 this June! wowzas! I have lived in Colorado for all my life. Funny thing...lived here all my life and NEVER been skiing! I have done some rock climbing and ice climbing though! Awesome stuff!
I work in an orthodontic office, I used to be an assistant and I now handle all the insurance, billing and payroll. Fun stuff! I have worked for this same practice since 1996! I also worked for Petsmart as a dog trainer for 3 years. Dogs are one of my passions. Being a dog trainer was a blast! My dogs/cat mean the world to me :) They go with me everywhere possible! I do everything with my 4-leggers. I got my standard dalmatian, Orion, while I worked at Petsmart. She was born deaf and the breeders just gave her to me :) Although she was THE WORST puppy, she has the best temperement, and is now such a good girl. I have done therapy work with her, taking her to nursing homes to visit. Makes people smile :) Our crazy cat, ck, truly thinks he is a dog! Harper is my miniature dalmatian and she is the agility queen! I defineatley get a good workout in when running her! She is also my little running buddy. Fuller is my toy dalmatian and he is such a goofy little thing, never a dull moment. Oh boy do they keep me on my toes and always on the move.
Got married my Bruce in 2007 and will celebrate our 5th anniversary May 24th! He is active duty Army and is a wrestling coach for the WCAP (world class athlete program). 

I actually was never athletic or into sports or anything like that growing up. One of my husbands friends competed in figure and was a personal trainer as well. The more I spoke with her the more I soooo wanted to look like those girls. I wanted muscles! I started training with her just to get into shape. I have never had a weight problem...more like skinny fat. I had never even stepped into a gym until 2008! I trained with her and learned about nutrition. I honestly never ate vegetables before I started all this! Now that is the majority of my diet! Started seeing good changes and was hooked! I felt good, I looked better, happy :) The more changes I saw the more I was "addicted". A good addiction for sure! My husband got deployed in 2009. We were lucky he got a shorter deployment of 6 months, very thankful for that. While he was deployed I decided to take my fitness to the next level.....bikini competition! I thought oh my, what am I doing?! lol At that time I was very much an introvert! There was something about a competition that I just couldn't get out of my mind. So I decided to do it! My husband completely supported me but my family did not support me at all but I am glad I went through with it. I placed well and I am just a different person, I am a better me. It really brought me out of my shell. I loved the training but not so much the on stage stuff and the tan and makeup etc..it was fun for a day. I don't have plans to do another but you never know. I might get that itch again! I started this journey because I wanted to look better, I now workout and eat right to be healthy and fit.


Now I am up everyday at 3am and headed to the gym. I started going at 3am so I would be done with my workout when my hubby would call from Iraq so I didn't miss his call, just became habit and now I am so used to it I just continue. Usually am at the gym for about 1.5 hours. I always do cardio and lift together. People think 3am is crazy but it works for me! It is so quiet in the am and no fighting for equipment. I am always looking for new workouts, trying new things. I always hated running so decided to make myself like it! Now that I like running I have hurt my hip and have been told-no running. Figures! ha! Little set back but will just find something else to work on! I usually split my workouts into muscle groups but I have been really interested in full body workouts lately so I am looking into that to see if I like that. My fav to train used to be legs now it is shoulders :) I fit in abs whenever I can because I think it is so boring! Workouts are always fun, if I don't feel like going or don't want to go..I don't. But, that doesn't happen very often! :)

January 2012, found out I have thyroid issues. I am amazed how much the thyroid effects! So I have been learning a whole new way of living, changing my nutrition and finding out what works for me. That is what it really has to be. You have to find what works for you and only you. Keep on...keepin on!

                                                                                                   








For being the Feature Friday Member of the week Kristina will be receiving a pair of Gym Girl Apparel Gloves in the color of her choice www.gymgirlapparel.com 
& About Time 3 oatmeal bars, 3 carob bars, and 3 fill shake- n go's as well www.tryabouttime.com 
Thank you Gym Girl Apparel & About Time for donating these wonderful prizes!!

Join us at Team Fit www.facebook.com/groups/royersteamfit/


 




Try Quest Protein Bars!

No comments:

Post a Comment